Ministry of Natural Resources of the Russian Federation, 6 August 2001
The MNR of Russia has established a Section for Public Control and Prevention of Law Violations Concerning the Exploitation of Natural Resources and Nature Protection.
With the aim to establish a unified system of public management (ecological control, control of geological surveys, rational exploitation and protection of minerals, control of use and protection of water resources, control of use, protection and management of forests, control of air pollution, and protection of flora and fauna), it is established a Section for Public Control and Prevention of Law Violations Concerning the Exploitation of Natural Resources and Nature Protection.
This unit shall particularly have these tasks:
- conduct complex analyses of the present legislation concerning the exploitation of natural resources and nature protection, to work out proposals for improvement in agreement with the normative juridical basis;
- collect and process information about threats against objects in connection with the exploitation of natural resources or the ecological safety, and in addition – on the basis of this information – elaborate procedures to eliminate such threats;
- fight (together with other Federal bodies of the executive power) against law violations concerning the exploitation of natural resources and nature protection;
- ensure that those exploiting and using natural resources commit to and fulfil their duties in relation to licenses and agreements, and other prescribed documentation;
- control the effectivity of the equipment used for exploitation of natural resources.
Denis Valeryevich Kiselev is appointed to lead the section.